Signing up for personal insurance is fairly easy, so why shouldn’t business insurance signup be easy too? That’s the premise behind biBERK Insurance, a business insurer that’s under the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group umbrella.
- Wide range of coverage options
- Easy online quote process
- Robust mobile app
- Some customers report trouble getting support
- Some coverage not available in all states
- No disability insurance coverage
How to Get Business Insurance from biBERK
biBERK Insurance offers a couple of options for getting a quote. You can input your information into their web form to get a quote online or secure a policy through an agent by calling 1-844-472-0967.
According to biBERK Insurance reviews, the quote process is quick and efficient, allowing you quickly compare with other quotes. If you choose to sign up with biBERK, you can get your insurance certificate right away.
biBERK Business Insurance: Types of Coverage
biBERK offers a variety of coverage types for businesses, including:
General Liability Insurance
Often this is the first stop for business owners since it can cover a wide range of issues.
biBERK Business Insurance covers a variety of situations, including:
- Property damage: If you or an employee damage a customer’s property, your general liability protection would kick in to cover it.
- Bodily injury: This covers any harm caused to others by an employee of your business. If someone slips and falls on your business property, general liability insurance would cover it.
- Product liability: Businesses that make products need general liability insurance to cover injuries to customers and their property.
- Intellectual property claims: If someone sues your business for copyright infringement, general liability insurance kicks in to help offset costs.
- Libel and slander: Someone may sue your business due to perceived harm your words caused. This can include statements made in your business’s advertising. General liability insurance protects against that.
Cost: biBERK’s general liability insurance plans start at $27.50 a month.
Business Owner’s Policy
Geared toward small and midsized businesses, a business owner’s policy can cover all the basics. It bundles general liability with property insurance to reduce rates. If you’re asking is biBERK Insurance legit, you’re probably looking at full coverage. A business owner’s policy offers what you need to cover your business and the buildings it occupies.
A business owner’s policy covers:
- Harm your business (or its employees) causes to others.
- Harm your business (or its employees) causes to others’ property.
- Perceived intellectual property theft.
- Damage to property you lease or own.
- Damage or theft of your leased space contents.
- Loss of business income due to covered incidents.
Cost: biBERK’s business owner’s policies start at $500 a year.
Professional Liability Insurance
If your business is service-based, professional liability insurance may be the option for you. Also known as errors and omissions insurance, this coverage protects providers like accountants, physicians, real estate agents, and attorneys against legal action related to mistakes made in the course of doing business.
biBERK Insurance offers customized professional liability plans to cover your business’s needs. This coverage won’t protect you against criminal action if you violate the law, but it will cover your business against civil claims.
Cost: Starts at $300 a year.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Even if you do your best to keep your workplace safe, accidents happen. Workers’ compensation insurance provides coverage for employees who become injured in the workplace. This coverage is required by law, although exact requirements vary by state.
No biBERK Insurance review would be complete without looking at workers’ compensation insurance. biBERK offers workers’ compensation insurance tailored to your own state’s laws. Four states require businesses purchase workers’ compensation from a government entity, but biBERK offers insurance in all other states.
Cost varies by state and job risk, ranging from $.75 per $100 in wages in Texas to $2.74 per $100 in wages in Alaska.
Commercial Auto Insurance
biBERK Insurance offers the following types of coverage for your business vehicles:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Medical payments
- Personal injury
- Uninsured motorist
- Comprehensive physical damage
Cost: Commercial auto insurance varies by type and usage, but rates typically start at $600 per vehicle a year.
For everything else, there’s umbrella insurance. An umbrella policy kicks in to cover anything not insured by your other policies. When you file a claim, biBERK first taps out your existing coverage, then turns to your umbrella policy to take care of the rest.
As biBERK Business Insurance reviews point out, its umbrella insurance is an affordable addition to your existing plan. Whether you go with biBERK Insurance or a competitor, it’s important to price umbrella insurance with the rest of your plan to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Cost: $200-$400 per year on average.
Should You Choose biBERK for Business Insurance?
Choosing an insurance policy is a personal experience. You can read a biBERK review and get a general idea, but the right insurer for your business will depend on your own business needs.
Here are some top reasons to choose biBERK Insurance for your business needs:
- You prefer an online signup process: biBERK is designed for the customer who’s comfortable buying insurance online. If you like to deal with an agent, biBERK won’t be the best insurer for your business needs.
- You’re in a coverage-eligible state: Some states are shut out of certain coverages with biBERK. Be sure to check the coverage map before getting a quote.
- You need an insurance certificate quickly: biBERK emails your certificate once your policy is in place, so you can access it quicker than with insurers that mail it.
- You need all the basics: While biBERK offers the most popular business insurance types, if you need something specialized, you’ll probably have to look at a competitor.
Alternatives to biBERK Business Insurance
Reading biBERK Insurance reviews can help, but it’s easier to decode the information if you understand competitor offerings. Here are some of the top competitors to help you weigh biBERK’s pros and cons.
Businesses with a focus on transportation might prefer Geico, which specializes in commercial auto insurance. You may find you save money by going with Geico for your auto insurance and bundling your other business needs with it. It’s important to note, though, that if you choose Geico for all of your business insurance needs, much of your coverage will be handled by a third-party provider, Hiscox.
Three is named for its simple, straightforward insurance policies, which are limited to three pages. Like biBERK Insurance, Three is part of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurers, so it’s backed by a solid company. But Three operates with an offline model, so you won’t get the ease of online policy signup and management that you get with biBERK.
Another competitor with a more traditional approach is GUARD. If you prefer going through an agent for all your insurance needs, GUARD is worth considering. Like biBerk Business Insurance, GUARD is owned by Berkshire Hathaway, and you’ll find the full suite of coverage types, including business owners policies, workers’ compensation, and umbrella insurance, and professional liability insurance. Unlike biBERK, GUARD also sells personal insurance policies.
As you’re pricing biBERK, compare your quote to Next Insurance, which has become known for its affordable business policies. Customer service reviews for Next Insurance are also more favorable than biBERK’s, overall, so it’s a notable competitor. Both insurers offer customizable policies and comparable coverage options, so you’ll be comparing two similar products.
If you’re looking for coverage for your small business, biBERK Insurance is a viable option. But it’s important to price around when you’re considering any new insurance policy to make sure you’re getting the best deal on your coverage.