You might not think of yourself as a lawnmower boss, but you may need to seize some control over a wide number of things — time tracking, project management, and productivity. Getting rid of manual entry for you and your employees can scratch a lot off the old to-do list, simplifying work tracking, payroll, and invoicing.
What is Hubstaff used for? Hubstaff, a cloud-based software, can help you with more than just track time for your company — it will help your company develop a comprehensive approach to handling systems within your organization. After all, haven’t you heard of creating systems within your company to systematize and simplify?
It allows for billing customers correctly and helps avoid overcharging or underbilling, increases team output through employee monitoring, task management, and payroll integrations. Check out this Hubstaff review in more detail to decide whether it might be the right time tracking system and overall fit for your business.
When to Use Hubstaff/When to Use Something Else
- When you want to learn the working hours and patterns of employees (especially remote employees) and keep track of when employees are even working too much, with little productive periods.
- When you want to track screenshots of each employee and monitor their locations.
- When you want to share comprehensive information with clients; if clients want to see thorough evidence of your team’s processes and achievements, Hubstaff can give you the right format.
- You may want to keep looking if you want to help your employees and team become more productive rather than just track them.
- If you’re part of a smaller team with a more flexible work structure, Hubstaff talent review might not be simple enough for your needs.
- When you’re concerned about burnout and lowered morale within your company — some high productivity standards may seem tough for employees to meet, and tracking them may upset the balance.
|Starter: $4.99, Grow: $7.50, Team: $10, Enterprise: Customized, Free
|Maximum number of uses
|No maximum number of users listed, but the Starter, Grow, and Team packages require a two-user minimum.
|Ease of sharing with staff
|Easy to invite staff: Click on “members of the sidebar of the web dashboard, click on “invite” and each member receives an email to join your organization.
|Easy to scale because many of the packages only require a minimum number of users, not a maximum.
|Ease of use
|It’s easy to track time with Hubstaff after setting up your organization and its projects. Customers can use Hubstaff’s desktop, web, or mobile apps to track time and it runs in the background.
Hubstaff Pricing and Features
Hubstaff offers the following prices and features include the following:
- Starter: The Starter package costs $4.99 per user per month with a two-user minimum. It offers time tracking, timesheets, activity levels, limited screenshots, limited app and URL tracking, limited reports, limited payments, clients, and invoices.
- Grow: The Grow package costs $7.50 per user per month with a two-user minimum. It offers everything in the Starter package, plus Tasks, one integration, idle timeout, project budgets, work breaks, and expenses.
- Team: The Team package costs $10 per user per month for a two-user minimum. It includes everything in the Grow package, plus Insights and Tasks, unlimited screenshots, unlimited app and URL tracking, auto discard idle time, teams, payments and payroll, unlimited integrations, overtime, time off and holidays. It also handles scheduling and attendance, client budgets, timesheet approvals, and daily and weekly limits.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise plan is a customized plan that offers all Team features plus higher limits on API, pay by bank debit (ACH), HIPAA compliance, SOC-2 Type II compliance, enterprise deployment, account provisioning, single sign-on, and the Hubstaff Corporate app.
- Free: The Free plan for one user offers time tracking, timesheets, activity levels, clients and invoices, limited screenshots, limited reports, limited payments, and limited support service level agreement.
Hubstaff Advantages & Disadvantages
|Intuitive user interface
|Some functionalities not customizable
|Great for time tracking; only tracks work done on a device
|Limited third-party opt-ins
|Excellent customer support options
|May automatically log out, making tracking hours more difficult
Many users report an easily interactive experience with Hubstaff, reporting a user-friendly menu and easy-to-use time tracking experience. In other Hubstaff reviews, customers also report excellent customer service.
Some customers suggested that it does not have the most customizable functionalities, limited third-party opt-ins, and occasional software glitches. Other Hub staff reviews suggest that the software may give some users a difficult time logging time and screenshot capture.
Hubstaff Customer Service
In most reviews, Hubstaff has had excellent customer service reports. The company offers responsive customer service. It offers a wide variety of options to reach customer support, through email ([email protected]), live chat, and through phone, available 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST Monday to Friday. You can also book a demo with Hubstaff to ensure the service makes sense for your needs.
Hubstaff software integrations include project management, payments, accounting, invoicing, CRM, and help desk integrations:
- Project management integrations: ActiveCollab, Asana, Breeze, ClickUp, GitHub, GitLab, Insightly, Jira, Liquid Planner, Mavenlink, Monday.com, Paymo, Pivotal Tracker, Podio, Redbooth, Redmine, Teamwork Projects, Trello, Unfuddle, Wrike, Zoho Projects
- Payments, accounting, and invoicing integrations: Bitwage, FreshBooks, Payoneer, Quickbooks for Windows, Quickbooks Online, Transferwise, Gusto
- CRM integrations: Salesforce
- Help desk integrations: Freshdesk, Zendesk
Is Hubstaff Worth It? The Final Verdict
If you’re looking for a combination of time tracking and employee productivity tools, Hubstaff time tracking may be the answer. It combines not just time tracking but captures employee activity, URL tracking, idle time warning, and screenshot captures.
Hubstaff is easy to use due to its simple interface, helping your team build its overall performance, complete with excellent customer service.
The Hubstaff time tracker has several plans to choose from, including a free version as well as a 14-day trial. You may want to consider other time tracking software like TimeCamp or another alternative.
Does Hubstaff track screens?
Yes, Hubstaff tracks screens. It will record screenshots as long as you track time for a project or task. Your settings depend on the number of screenshots taken. It can record one to three screenshots every 10 minutes or you can turn them off altogether.